Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Fight Had A Duel Purpose

| Romantic | November 6, 2013

(I’m a regular at a fast food restaurant. The current cashier has only been working for a few weeks, and appears to be the only cashier on duty. While waiting in line to order, the customer in front of me has constantly been yelling at the cashier.)

Cashier: “Okay, so that’s a #5 meal with extra sauce, a medium drink, and a milkshake.”

Customer: “NO, NO, NO! I SAID A #7 WITH NO SAUCE! GOD, ARE YOU DEAF YOU STUPID B****?”

Cashier: “I’m sorry, sir. Let me fix that for you.”

Customer: “No! You’re too stupid to do anything right. Go get me your manager, unless you think you’re gonna f*** that up too!”

(The cashier is speechless and begins crying. Having had enough, I decide to intervene.)

Me: “Hey! Calm down. She’s doing the best she can. There’s no need to call her names.”

(The customer turns around to look at me. He’s clearly taller than me and stomps towards me.)

Customer: “Shut the f*** up, kid. Didn’t anyone teach you to respect a grown-up?”

Me: “I was actually taught to give respect until they show they don’t deserve it. And you, sir, clearly don’t deserve it.”

Customer: “Didn’t I tell you to shut up?”

(He begins cracking his knuckles in front of me to intimidate me. I remain un-phased.)

Me: “Then allow me to say this: apologize to my girlfriend, else one of us will be leaving with broken bones.”

(I take a step back and position myself into a fighting stance. The customer begins having second thoughts. He quickly turns around, apologizes to the cashier, and runs out.)

Cashier: “I… I didn’t know that—”

Me: “I don’t, but it’s still funny tricking people to think that I can fight.”

Cashier: “No… I mean I didn’t know that I had a boyfriend.”

(I ended up buying her lunch for what she went through. We’ve been dating ever since!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!