Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Extra Dressing Needs Addressing

, , , | Right | July 24, 2020

I am a manager.

Customer #1: “Hi, I’d like to order two bacon ranch salads, with ranch dressing, and one more ranch dressing on the side.”

Me: “All right, just to let you know, I’ll have to charge forty cents for that extra ranch dressing, as is our policy. Is that all right?”

Customer #1: “Yes.”

The customer hands me a $20 bill. I give back $9.60 in change. Another customer gets up and comes over to me looking really angry.

Customer #2: “What the h*** is this? I gave him a $20 to give back to you, and he should have gotten $10 back! Why did you only give him $9.60?!”

Me: “Our policy is for us to charge for any extra dressing. I was told a total of three ranch dressings; is that incorrect?”

Customer #2: “No! I have never been charged for an extra dressing in my life!”

Being that all of the branches in our city are owned by the same person and have the same policy, I know he is lying.

Me: “I am sorry, sir, but I am required to follow our policy. Our policy is—”

Customer #2: “I don’t care what your stupid policy says. I have never been charged for it. Forget it. Give me a refund; I’ll take my business elsewhere.”

Me: “I’m sorry to hear that, sir. I can give you a refund for the forty cents this one time, but after that, I can no longer do it as it is our policy.”

Customer #2: “That’s fine.”

I run a refund and give him a quarter, dime, and nickel back.

Customer #2: “No. I don’t want all these different bills. Just give me a full refund.”

Me: “If you give me the change I have already handed back, I can exchange it for a $10 bill.”

Customer #2: *Hesitates* “All right. That’s fine. But make it to go now. I don’t want to stay in this restaurant.”

Me: “Of course, sir, and I am very sorry about the inconvenience.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!