Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Customer Is Alright

| Right | February 21, 2013

(Note: I am the shift supervisor. We’re very busy, and I’m on my way to help a customer find something when one of my coworkers stops me.)

Coworker: “[My name], how long can we hold things for customers?”

Me: “We can probably hold that until the end of the day tomorrow.”

Customer #1: “I need you to hold this until Monday.” (Note: it’s currently Friday.)

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but I can’t do that. Store policy is that we can only hold things until the end of business on the same day, so I’m already bending the rules by holding it for an extra day.”

Customer #1: “But I need you to hold it until Monday! You’re having a big sale starting Monday, and I want this at the sale price!”

Me: “Again, I’m very sorry, ma’am, but I simply can’t hold it that long.”

Customer #1: “That’s terrible! You should hold it for me!”

Me: “I’m sorry, I really can’t. Excuse me, please; I need to go help this woman who has been patiently waiting for me.” *to Customer #2* “What can I help you with?”

(As Customer #2 and I start walking away, she speaks to me.)

Customer #2: “Man, what a b**** that woman was!”

Me: *stifling a laugh* “I would never say that.”

Customer #2: “Well, I’m another customer, so I can say it!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!