Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Customer Is A Barrage Of Hot Air

, , , , | Right | May 1, 2020

I work in the electronics department of the store, but due to its proximity to other departments, such as hardware, and salespersons not always being scheduled for each department, electronics will often cover other departments. Our department gets paged to pick up a call for hardware.

Me: “Hello, Electronics.”

Customer: “I’m looking for the air conditioner in the flier. The 5000.”

This air conditioner has been sold out for several weeks so far as I know.

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, I think we’re sold out of that air conditioner, but I’ll go double-check. I just need to put you on hold.”

Customer: “Okay.”

I go to hardware and check. We are, indeed, sold out, so I write down the information and pricing of the other similar air conditioners.

Me: “I’m sorry, we are sold out of the air conditioner, but—”

Customer: *Yelling* “I know it’s not your fault, but you’re the fourth [Store] I’ve called! Why are you all sold out? If it’s in your flier you should have it in stock! This is unacceptable!”

The customer offers more angry ranting. As soon as I get a moment to speak:

Me: “You’re right, sir. It isn’t my fault.”

And then I hung up on him. The air conditioner had been on sale for over a month.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!