Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Customer Has A Latte Problems, Part 3

, , , | Right | August 25, 2020

I am managing the store with two of my newer coworkers. They have been serving a lady and she begins to throw a fit once she receives her order.

Customer: “I’m sorry; why are these lattes so expensive? I thought they were two dollars after two pm?”

I look at her receipt. She didn’t order lattes. She ordered four coffees and a box of twenty-five donut bites. The guy who normally works this shift is in Bangladesh and knows that she meant lattes when she said coffees. However, that was not the case here, so we gave her exactly what she asked for. I look over to my coworkers.

Me: “Did she ask for lattes?”

Coworker #1: “No, she asked for coffees.”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, you asked for coffees. If you meant lattes, you should have said lattes.”

Customer: “No! I asked for lattes, not for coffees!”

I try to deescalate the situation.

Me: “Ma’am, if you would just wait a little longer, we can make the lattes for you.”

Customer: “No! I’m already running late!” *Points at [Coworker #1]* “You make sure you give customers the orders they ask for!”

After she left, I told my coworker that it was the customer’s own fault for ordering the wrong product. What made it worse was that the customer came back on a different day and ordered four coffees again. She meant lattes this time, too. Some people just never learn.

Related:
This Customer Has A Latte Problems, Part 2
This Customer Has A Latte Problems

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!