Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Customer Brings Both Hell And High Water

, , , | Right | June 18, 2020

I work in the drive-thru of a fast food place. Company policy is if they ask for a free water to give them our small — twenty-ounce — cup, but if they ask for a medium cup we usually give it to them. If they ask for a large water, we are told to charge them for it, and usually, no one has a problem with this.

I’m working the drive-thru at a fast food place and this girl orders a burger and a water. I hand her a small water. She stares at it as if it’s vomit.

Customer: “Um, can I get a large?”

Me: “I’m sorry, but if you want a large, I have to charge you for it. You can get a free medium water, though!”

She stares at me like I’m the dumbest person in the world.

Customer: “No one has ever charged me for a large!”

I know for a fact that this isn’t true, as it’s what we’re supposed to do.

Customer: “Can I get your supervisor?”

I closed the window and went to talk to my manager. Normally, she wouldn’t put up with anyone’s s***, but she wasn’t in the mood to argue, especially since we can get in trouble for not making the customer happy even if we’re following policy, so the customer ended up with a free large water.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!