Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Client Is A Few Sites Short Of A Directory

, , , | Right | June 2, 2022

I work for a company that issues corporate certifications. These documents list the client’s company addresses, sometimes for upwards of a dozen different locations. The following exchange took place via email between me and a client with twenty-plus sites on their certificate.

Me: “Here is the draft version of your certificate. Please review it and let me know if any changes need to be made.”

A week later…

Client: “There are a couple of sites missing. Where did they go?”

Me: “Per your email in January, they were removed because the locations were closed.”

Client: “Oh, right. Well, as long as the rest of them are still there. Oh, and we added this site in Texas.” *Supplies address*

Me: “Okay, here is the revised draft of your certificate. Please review it and let me know if any further changes need to be made.”

Client: “CALL ME! I need to give you more sites!”

Me: “It would be easier if you email them. Just make sure the information is correct and I will copy-paste your information onto the certificate.”

Client: “Okay. As per the attached document, these four new addresses also need to be added.”

I copy the addresses into the document and check for typos.

Me: “Okay, I have added the additional sites. Is everything correct on the updated draft according to your company records?”

Client: “Yes, this looks perfect. Thank you!”

Me: “Okay, great! Here is your finalized certificate.”

Three days later…

Client: “FIVE OF THESE SITE ADDRESSES ARE ALL WRONG! HOW DID YOU NOT CATCH THIS?”

Me: “I’m sorry, but I used the information you sent me.”

Client: “Well, how should I know if that’s accurate or not?”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!