Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Cannot End Well, Part 4

, , , , | Right | December 19, 2022

I am checking out a bunch of teens. They’re only buying a large bottle of Diet Coke and — you guessed it — Mentos.

Me: “I hope that whatever you’re planning to do with these, you’re doing it outside… and with permission.”

Teen #1: “Whatever.”

I shrug — none of my business. The teens pay and leave. Within five minutes, my manager comes running up to the customer service desk and speaks on the store’s announcement system.

Manager: “Cleaning crew to the outside picnic area. Please bring spillage equipment.”

I see one of the teens wander into the store. They look like they’ve just gone swimming in a brown, sticky liquid.

Teen #2: *Sheepishly* “Do you… uh… have any napkins?”

Me: “You can grab some from the dispensers near the café at the store exit.”

Teen #2: “Thanks… Also… uh… do you know if you put Mentos in your stomach and drink Diet Coke, you should call a doctor? Asking for a friend.”

Thankfully, I knew better than to give medical advice to a soaked teen and just passed them on to my manager. We’ve since had to put the combination of those two items on the list of things we don’t let customers buy without an adult.

Related:
This Cannot End Well, Part 3
This Cannot End Well, Part 2
This Cannot End Well


This story is part of our Customer Situations That Will NOT End Well roundup!

Read the next roundup story!

Read the roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!