Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Apple Falls Far From The IP

, , , , | Right | July 5, 2012

(I have been trying to help a caller connect her new router up to accept all the wireless devices in her house, as she’s recently changed her internet supplier to us. It’s been almost forty minutes and not going well, until this happens.)

Caller: “Well, you’re obviously not getting this! I’ll let my son explain because he’s been working on this for hours.”

Me: “Okay, ma’am, no problem.”

(The caller’s son gets on the phone.)

Caller’s Son: “Right… what’s happening is that my DS isn’t connecting due to our wireless having too high security, so I’ve been trying to drop it from whatever WPA it’s on down to WEP. However, to do this I need to log into the router settings using my IP address. I used the static IP address, but to actually log in I need a username and password. I checked on the internet and it says to use admin and password, but whenever I tried it just cleared both fields.”

Me: *slightly stunned* “Uh, well, what you could try is the router password that’s specific to you. It should be on the help sheet that came with the router itself.”

(Around twenty seconds later…)

Caller’s Son: “Ah, thanks very much. Cheers!

Me: “No problem. If you have any other queries, feel free to call us again.”

Caller’s Son: *hangs up*

Me: *to coworker* “I f***ing love tech-savvy kids.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!