Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Third Time Is Not Charming

, , , , , | Right | September 9, 2010

(I work in a ground-level office, and I am usually the only one working within view of both the front and back doors.)

Customer: *coming in from the back hallway* “Hello, I’m here for my appointment.”

Me: “With who?”

Customer: “With [Employee].”

Me: “I think you’re in the wrong office.”

Customer: “Oh, terribly sorry.”

(The customer goes back down to the back door and reappears from the front door a few minutes later.)

Customer: “Hello, I’m here to see [Employee] for my appointment?”

Me: “Ma’am, this is the same office. You have to go down the stairs in the parking lot to get to [Company]. They’re on the basement level.”

Customer: “Oh! That explains it, thank you!”

(The customer heads out the front door again but wanders back down the back hallway almost immediately.)

Me: “Still in the wrong place, ma’am. You need to go downstairs.”

Customer: *scowling and glaring* “You’re much less polite than the other two boys!”


This story is part of our lost customer roundup!

Read the next lost customer roundup story!

Read the lost customer roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!