Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Thinks She Is The Big Cheese

, , , | Working | January 4, 2019

(I work at a small pizza chain and have been there for a little over two years. I’m working with someone who is new, but has been at ur restaurant long enough to know how to do most things. I am seventeen when this happens and she is at least fifty, so she thinks it’s okay to not listen to me. She has had an attitude all day because I am “bossy” and work too fast for her to keep up.)

Me: “Hey, [Coworker]. Could you go stack the bags of cheese in the cooler?”

Coworker: “Oh, I don’t know how to do that.”

Me: “Just open the boxes of cheese and stack them on the shelf. It should only take a minute.”

Coworker: “Well, I’ve never done that. I’ve never had to stack cheese before.” *opens the cooler and the shelf is about half full* “There is already cheese up here!”

Me: “Yeah, you need to stack more so the evening shift has some to use. If they run out then we get in trouble.”

Coworker: “Oh, well, I’ve never done this. I don’t know anything about stacking cheese.”

Me: *dies a little*

(She does this every time I work with her. She never knows how to do her job and slacks off constantly. Just because you’re older than your coworkers, it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t listen to them!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!