Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Thinkless And Thankless

| Right | July 10, 2013

(To make it easier to keep track of how long things have been in our store, the date is printed on their tags along with a corresponding color. Right now we’re running a 50% off sale for almost every tag color except two, and there are multiple signs on our walls telling our customers this. A customer walks in briskly and approaches my counter without even looking at me.)

Customer: “I don’t want to think today. You’re going to tell me the price of things.”

Me: “Uh… okay?”

(The customer shoves a coat in my face.)

Customer: “How much is this?”

Me: “Well, what does the tag say?”

Customer: “I don’t want to think!”

Me: *looks at tag* “Well, it says that it’s $69. It’s also printed on a mint green tag. That means it’s 50% off right now.”

Customer: “I don’t want to think about it! How much is that?”

Me: “Well, half of 70 is 35, so it will be about $35.”

(The customer leaves the coat on my counter, and walks away in a huff. She then brings up another coat.)

Customer: “How much is this one?”

Me: “Well, what does that tag say?”

Customer: “I don’t know! I don’t want to think about it!”

Me: “The tag says it’s $99, and since it’s an orange tag, there’s no discount on it today.”

(The customer throws this coat down on top of the other, then proceeds to bring me a third.)

Customer: “How much is this one?”

Me: “Well, what does the tag say?”

Customer: “I already told you that I don’t want to think about it!”

(She walks out of my store angrily. Meanwhile, one of the regulars who was in the store and witnessed the entire exchange comes up to me.)

Regular: “Wow. She didn’t even say thank you.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!