Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

There’s A Stark Difference

Romantic | October 19, 2015

(I am a huge geek and keep up with most fantasy/sci-fi shows, films, books, and comics. My boyfriend is not as geeky as I am but tries to watch the shows and movies with me. Because he doesn’t always keep track of everyone in those shows/movies we sometimes have weird conversations:)

Boyfriend: “[My Name], what movies did the actor who plays Tony Stark act in?”

Me: “He’s been in a lot of movies. If it was recent, Sherlock Holmes?”

Boyfriend: “No, that’s not it. He played a villain. It was a Bond movie.”

Me: “Bond movie? RDJ has never played in a Bond movie.”

Boyfriend: “RDJ? No, I meant the actor that played the father in the show.”

Me: “The show? Oh, you mean Game of Thrones? Those are the wrong Starks; that’s Ned. And he played in Golden Eye.”

(Several months later, an hour or so after we watched the latest episode of Agent Carter.)

Me: “Oh, hey, it’s Mamma Mia. The actor who played Howard Stark plays in this one.”

Boyfriend: “Howard Stark? Who is that?”

Me: “You know, Tony Stark’s father?”

Boyfriend: “Oh, yeah. He’s dead, isn’t he?”

Me: “No, he isn’t.”

Boyfriend: “Didn’t he die because he got beheaded?”

Me: “Again, wrong show, wrong Starks… You are thinking about Ned Stark again. What is it with you and Sean Bean?”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!