Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Common Sense Has Exited The Building

, | Right | October 18, 2016

While on my break, I observe a customer walking toward a back door that is an exit-only from the lobby.

It should be noted this door has a stop sign on it and clearly reads “EXIT ONLY” in large, white letters.

As you probably suspect, the customer attempts to enter the lobby using this door. The door, of course, does not open. The customer looks slightly confused as they try again. Naturally the door still does not open. I’m watching closely now because the customer has now tried twice to enter this door. I see the customer scan the door and mouth the words “Exit Only” as he reads the sign before trying again.

At this point the customer tries harder to open the door as though it may be stuck, with no success. The customer starts to walk toward the main doors, gets a few steps away, then rushes back to the door and quickly tries again as though they were trying to sneak up on the door. Finally the customer goes to the front of the restaurant and enters the main doors.

I wiped the tears from my eyes, as I had laughed through the whole things, and went back to work.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!