Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

They’re Literally Just Shoes

, , , | Right | CREDIT: hecatearrowkey11 | August 4, 2022

I worked in the women’s shoe department at a store. Sometimes, customers would want to order shoes over the phone to be shipped to their houses.

One day, I got a customer call, and she wanted the shoes shipped. We found the shoes and filled all her information out, but when it came time to pay, she wanted to use her credit card. This credit card is with the company, and when you purchase something with the credit card, you get points. Over time, the points you accumulate lead to you getting like ten to twenty dollars off an item. She wanted to use her credit card for points, but she didn’t have the card with her.

Me: “Do you know the number on your card?”

Customer: “No.”

Me: “Then the only way I can feasibly access your credit card would be for you to give me your social security number. But since that information is confidential, I won’t be able to do that.”

She got really upset with me.

Customer: “I’ve given my social security number at other [Company] locations! What part of this don’t you understand? I need my f****** shoes!”

Me: *Politely* “Do you maybe have another bank card you want to use?”

Customer: “This is getting ridiculous. Let me speak to your manager.”

I passed the phone to my manager. I helped other customers, and I walked by again, and my manager was telling her the exact same thing I had told her.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!