Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

They’re Just Not Getting The Picture

, , , , | Right | September 28, 2018

Customer: “Hi, I have a photo order for [My Name].”

Me: “Okay!”

(I find her order and scan it. She then quickly puts it in her cart.)

Customer: “All right! Thanks!” *starting to leave*

Me: “Sorry, ma’am, you have to pay for them back here.”

Customer: “What?”

(I point to the sign on the counter that reads, “All photo orders must be paid for at the photo counter.” This is a relatively new rule.)

Customer: “That’s ridiculous! I didn’t have to buy them here last week!”

Me: “I’m sorry, the rule was put into place a month ago. It’s to prevent theft. A lot of people have walked out the door without paying for their photos.”

Customer: “I don’t want to have to swipe my card twice! This is ridiculous!”

Me: “I’m really sorry.” *noticing she picked up prescriptions* “But, it’s the same thing with our pharmacy. When I started working here, you could pay for them at checkout, but because of too much theft, now you have to pay for them at their counter.”

Customer: “But still!”

(This happens everyday. It’s been over three months since they enacted the rule and every single day, someone gets mad at me that they have to buy their photos at our counter.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!