Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

They’re Flying Out Of The Building

, , | Working | August 30, 2017

(A fly has been bothering me all day. Finally, I get up and hold the door open in the hope that it will escape. I lose sight of it, and while I’m apparently looking around aimlessly, one of the executive directors walks out.)

Me: “I’m not crazy. There’s a fly that’s been molesting me since this morning, and I’m trying to get rid of it.”

(We make small talk as he signs out of the building. In the middle of this, another executive director passes through and sees me holding the door as [Director #1] is about to walk out.)

Director #2: “Is this the kind of treatment that some of us get?”

Director #1: “At some point, it becomes expected.”

(They are laughing, and I don’t get a chance to explain before everyone leaves. Fast forward half an hour; I’m sitting at my desk when [Executive Director #3] comes to sign out of the building. Again, [Director #2] happens to pass through. Incidentally, [Director #2] is my boss’s boss.)

Director #2: “I want to see if she gives the same treatment to all of us.”

Director #3: “What?”

Director #2: “I walked past earlier and [My Name] was holding the door for [Director #1] to leave!”

Me: *laughing* “There was a fly that I was trying to extract when [Director #1] happened to be on his way out.”

Director #3: “Oh, really?”

Me: “Okay, just for the record…”

(I walk around my desk and open the door for him. He saunters out happily.)

Director #2: “I’m leaving at [time]. I’ll see you then.”

(And I never got rid of that d*** fly!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!