Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

They’re Driving You To (The Wrong) Drink

, | Working | December 19, 2014

(My boyfriend and I are in a packed drive-thru to get dinner for ourselves and his mother. When we pull up to the speaker, I order each of us meals with medium fries and three drinks: a rootbeer with no ice, a rootbeer with ice, and a Sprite. We pull up to the pay window:)

Cashier: “So you ordered the [five meals with popular energy drink].”

Me: “Erm, no…”

Cashier: “Okay, [children’s meal]?”

Me: *lists of a few menu items we ordered*

(The cashier calls over a manager since she cannot seem to find our order. My boyfriend and I are mildly bemused but shrug it off as first-day flustered-ness. We finally get our food.)

Boyfriend: “Oh wow, they really skimped us on fries.” *holds up a half-full, small container of fries*

Me: “Yeah, and I think we’re gonna have to split your root beer.” *takes sip* “Scratch that. This is Coke.”

Boyfriend: “At least our food turned out okay… Is [Mom]’s sprite supposed to be blue?!”

(It was, in fact, the energy drink from the first order. And since we were already on the freeway and the line had been so packed, we couldn’t go back and fix any of it.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!