Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

They’re Deafening, You’re The Silence

, , , , | Working | November 30, 2017

(I am being served at the till and the cashier is putting my things through when I realise the time and I stand still.)

Cashier: “That will be [amount], miss.” *when I don’t say anything* “Miss?” *to herself, but loud enough for me to hear* “Bloody rude b****.” *some seconds later* “Excuse me, you’re holding up the line.” *she leans near me and snaps her fingers quite rudely* “Self-entitled whore.” *to the next customer* “Some people, eh? Just looking at their phones and not paying attention to anything around them. Come through; let me help you. I’m refunding her shopping.”

(The customer comes past me, a little confused. I see him look at me, seemingly concerned in case I’m sick or something. Then I snap out of it.)

Me: “Can I pay now, please?”

Cashier: *snottily* “Er, no! You should have listened to me when I said so. Now you’re going to have to pay in another queue, since I refunded your transaction.” *smiles nastily* “Have a nice day.”

Me: “It’s Armistice Day. I was honouring our fallen dead with the two-minute silence. But that doesn’t matter, since I’m never coming here again.”

(I filed a complaint. I have never been back.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!