Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

They Work All Night To Get Lucky

| Romantic | January 27, 2014

(I recently started a new job. I’m currently working evening shift, taking my lunch. The morning crew is starting to head home.)

Coworker: *walking into the break room to grab her things* “Oh, hey. Late lunch?”

Me: “Yep. Busy day.”

Coworker: “Ah, well. Have fun. See you later!”

(She starts to walk away.)

Me: “Yeah, if you’re lucky!”

(She stops in her tracks and turns to eye me suspiciously.)

Coworker: “You’ve got to be pretty confident to pull off a line like that.”

Me: *shrugs*

Coworker: *sighs* “I wish I was cool enough to say something like that!”

Me: “Well, maybe one day you can achieve my level of coolness.”

Coworker: “I can only hope!” *laughs* “All right. I’m really leaving this time!”

Me: “Okay. See ya!”

Coworker: *whips her head around* “IF YOU’RE LUCKY!”

(She storms off proudly, and I hear her say, ‘HAH!’ as the door shuts behind her. I am impressed for a moment before she scrambles back in, grabs her bag, then runs off again, this time tripping before slamming the door shut. That clever klutz is currently my girlfriend.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!