Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

They Won’t Move A Muscle, Although They Can Move You To Tears

, , , | Right | July 26, 2012

(We have an aisle at our grocery store that is split down the middle by food displays, making two very narrow aisles on the sides. One aisle is blocked by my coworker, who is busy is explaining to several customers how to tell if food is safe since we just lost power after a large storm. The other aisle is blocked by another customer looking at the labels of juice bottles. I am trying to get down the aisle and excuse myself past the customer.)

Me: “Excuse me?”

Customer: “I shouldn’t have to be the one to move. I’m the customer! He should have to move.”

Me: “Oh, well I—”

Customer: “I mean I’m the customer! He’s blocking the way! Employees should be moving, not the customers!”

(I walk past the lady and start picking up groceries further down the aisle. The customer then decides to go after my coworker, who is still busy helping other customers.)

Customer: *to my coworker* “Sir, you really need to move! You’re blocking the aisle!”

Other Customer: “Ma’am, it’s not that big of a deal.”

Customer: *to my coworker* “No, you need to move! I’m the customer! I shouldn’t have to move!”

Coworker: “Ma’am, I’m very sorry. I’m moving out of the way.”

Customer: “That’s right! Customers shouldn’t have to move!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!