Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

They Want To Warp The Fabric Of Time

, , , | Right | November 5, 2020

It’s just a few minutes from close. Our fabric counter closes earlier than the store to ensure that customers are at the register by closing time. A customer walks in and heads straight for me.

Customer: “Where are your quilting fabrics?”

Me: “They’re just a section over, but our fabric counter is closed for the night.”

Customer: “So you don’t have anyone who can cut this for me?!”

Me: “We do, but they’re busy preparing the counter for when we close. The store itself closes in a few minutes.”

Customer: “But I need this tonight!”

She storms off toward our quilting section. I give the fabric counter a heads-up over the radio. A minute later, I see her heading over. My manager meets her at the fabric counter.

Manager: “Can I help you?”

Customer: “Yeah! I need ten yards of this!”

My manager starts to unroll the fabric to measure it but says:

Manager: “Ma’am, for future reference, our fabric counter closes ten minutes before the store. I’ve made an exception for you today, but please do keep this in mind for future visits.”

The woman crosses her arms and glares at him while he measures and cuts her fabric. She then storms up to the front.

Manager: “What the f*** makes this fabric so d*** important you had to wait until almost nine at night to get it?!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!