Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

They Want A Medium Bag Of Popcorn And A Large Bag Of Hot Air

, , , | Right | September 1, 2021

Our concession stand has a little display with our popcorn sizes under the register. Two women walk up to me.

Woman #1: “A medium popcorn, please.”

Me: “Sure thing!”

I prepare a medium popcorn and set it on the counter, and her face immediately turns sour.

Woman #1: “That popcorn does not match the one in your display! What, are you trying to rip me off?!”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, I don’t understand.”

Woman #1: *Tapping the front of the display* “That medium popcorn is not the same size as the medium popcorn in the display! The one in the display is bigger!

Me: “Ma’am, I can assure you they are the exact same size.”

Woman #1: “They are not!

Woman #2: “So now you’re calling my friend a liar?”

Woman #1: “I don’t appreciate being deceived! The one in the display is bigger and you know it!”

Figuring it might de-escalate the situation, I simply bend over, open the display, grab the medium bag, and set it down next to the woman’s popcorn, proving they are the exact same size. In fact, the bags are identical in every way — size, shape, design, etc. The customer is speechless.

Woman #1: “I… Uh… It’s not the same size and you know it!”

She turns and stomps away.

Woman #2: “Wow, way to make my friend look like an a**! I’ll be talking to your corporate office!”

She similarly turned and stomped away. Never heard from corporate, so I guess it was an empty threat.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!