Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

They Sure H8 To Be Disagreed With

, , , , , , , | Friendly | May 10, 2023

Proposition 8, known online as Prop H8 (Hate), was a California ballot proposition and a state constitutional amendment intended to ban same-sex marriage; only marriage between a man and a woman would be valid or recognized in California. It was a very hotly-debated issue, with non-profit organizations for marriage equality gaining support and photoshoots from celebrities nationwide. Voting “Yes” would block marriage equality from being recognized, and voting “No” would overturn the ballot.

During this debate, we started getting phone calls from people trying to gain support for the ballot. Eventually, they called at a time when we were home.

Caller: “Hello! Were you aware of Proposition 8 that is getting ready to be voted on?”

Mom: “Oh yes! I’m really looking forward to overturning it. I’d love to see them be recognized as legitimate marriages.”

There was a long pause.

Caller: “So, ma’am, just to be clear, you support homosexual marriages?”

Mom: “Yes, I do! Love is love, and they deserve to be recognized!”

There was another long pause.

Caller: *Sounding disgusted* “Thank you very much for your time. That’s all I needed to know.” *Hasty click*

Mom smirked at the dead phone line.

Mom: “Bye!”

I’m pretty sure they wrote us off because we never got another phone call supporting the banning of marriage equality after that.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!