Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

They Smoked You Out

, , , | Right | January 28, 2020

(My sister and I have just done some grocery shopping and on our way out, we walk past the service counter where tobacco, lottery tickets, and some types of medicine are sold. It turns out that a friend of my sister is working there that afternoon and, as she has no customers, my sister stops to chat for a bit. After a while, a customer walks up and we step aside. As we walk away, I take a look at the customer and think, “He does not look over 18,” but I also don’t think too much of it because not all the products sold at that counter require you to be over 18. However:)

Customer: “Can I get a pack of [Cigarette Brand]?”

Sister’s Friend: “Sure, can I see your ID?”

Customer: “Yeah, here it is.”

(He hands her what looks like a legit ID from where we are standing, but she takes quite a while to look at it. She finally looks up, a bit flustered.)

Sister’s Friend: “This isn’t you.”

Customer: “What? No, that’s me!”

Sister’s Friend: “That’s not true.”

Customer: “It is!”

Sister’s Friend: “Umm, no, it isn’t. I actually know this guy; he’s not you.”

(He turned very red and quickly walked away.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!