Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

They Slipped Up With Their Scam

| Right | December 15, 2016

(I work at a very popular children’s toy store. We often have incidents where children drop or spill drinks or food, and their parents don’t tell anyone and leave it all for us to discover… eventually.)

Coworker: *over walkie* “I need a manager to the baby department; we have a guest who slipped and fell in a puddle of something.”

Manager: “[My Name], can you get a mop and wet floor sign?”

Me: “Sure.”

(While cleaning up the mess, I hear the manager call employees up to write incident statements, as well as the guest and her friend to fill out statements and a few others standing around that may have seen something.)

Guest: *finishes filling out the form* “I can’t believe how careless your employees are to have just left a spill there! I’m going to be calling your corporate office and complaining!” *leaves*

Coworker #2: *about twenty minutes later* “So [Manager] showed me the security footage. We have, from four different angles, video of the two girls walking up, pouring their own drink on the floor, and one pretending to slip in it.”

(Needless to say, I doubt they’d seen any kind of pity from Corporate once my manager had sent the video clips.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!