Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

They Should Google “How To Be A Good Customer” While They’re At It

, , , , | Right | January 12, 2021

I am a front end supervisor. I see my next customer before I call the next in line and automatically know this will be a tough one.

Me: “Next customer, please!”

We go on our usual spiel of greetings and small talk.

Customer: “Oh, I don’t want to be a bother, but could you call your closest store and ask if they have that dress in a different size?”

Me: “So sorry, we don’t have means to call another store. You would have to Google their number, call, and ask for customer service.”

The customer’s face turns sour and she starts to explode.

Customer: “This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced!”

Me: “I apologize, ma’am, but that’s why you have the option to call another store and ask for customer service. I apologize that we do not have a direct calling staff.”

Customer: “No! Don’t apologize for being lazy! What’s the number to your closest store? Can you look it up for me?”

We can’t have our phones with us at the registers so I already know how this is going to go.

Me: “I’m sorry, but you’d have to Google the store number for [Location]. I’m not allowed to have my phone on me while I am on the clock.”

Customer: “You are such a lazy b****! Get me a supervisor!”

Me: “Of course. I am the front end supervisor and I am now denying you a sale because of the abusive language you have chosen to use against me. You can Google the address and number of any of our other stores in the perimeter, but as of right now I am refusing a sale.”

I void the transaction and pull her items to my side of the register, including the item she was demanding that I call another store about.

Customer: “Are you freaking serious?! I’ll have your job!”

She stormed out with nothing. Two months later, I still have a job.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!