Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

They Need The Syrup As They’re Not Sweet Enough

, , | Right | December 14, 2019

(I’m taking orders for breakfast. We have two kinds of hotcakes: one for the kid’s meal and the other for a regular meal. The difference aside from the price is that the kid’s has a hash brown but no syrup. The meal has no hash brown but comes with a syrup. We can charge extra for one, though.)

Customer: “A kid’s meal hotcakes with hot chocolate, and make sure you get the syrup inside.”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but the kid’s meal doesn’t come with the syrup. If you’d like one I—”

Customer: “No, it does. I always get one.”

Me: *a bit shocked* “I’m sorry, but kid’s meals really don’t—”

Customer: “Of course they do. I always get one in [Other Branch] and only your branch keeps it from me.”

(A coworker overhears and comes up.)

Coworker: “We’re really sorry, ma’am, but she’s telling the truth—”

Customer: “No. The kid’s comes with it; you’re just not giving it to me.”

Coworker: “It doesn’t go with the kid’s meal because the screen doesn’t say it does, unlike the regular meal where it shows up.”

(The customer decided to give up but continued to rant as I finished her order, saying that we were ripping her off.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!