Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

They Need A Demo On How To Memo

, , , | Working | September 10, 2019

(My boyfriend and I are looking to replace my phone. I get service through a well-known big-box store, so we go there to look at phones. I notice that they have the option to pay for the phone over an extended period of time, and we go to an employee to find out more.)

Boyfriend: “Hi. We were looking at [phone] and saw we could pay it off by month?”

Employee #1: “No, [Company] doesn’t do contracts.”

Boyfriend: “I know they don’t do service contracts, but I’m asking about the phone itself.”

Employee #1: “No, it’s all at once. Nothing by month.”

(We find someone else.)

Boyfriend: “Hi. I’m seeing that [Company] has the option of paying phones off by the month?”

Employee #2: “I don’t know anything about it. [Employee #3]! They have questions about phones!”

(A third employee comes over.)

Me: “We were wondering about the option to pay a phone off over time?”

Employee #3: “Oh! Yeah, [Company] contracts the lease out to a separate company, and you can do it online or in-store. Our guy for it left for the day already.”

Boyfriend: “So, you’re the only one who knows about this?”

Employee #3: “They passed the memo out to the whole department but most people ignored it.”

Me: “Isn’t part of working electronics answering questions about the services provided?”

Employee #3: “You’d think so.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!