Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

They Have You At The End Of Your Rope

, , , | Right | January 27, 2022

We shut the store at 4:59. Our official closing time is 5:00. A guy comes and starts banging at the door. We open it and politely tell him we’re closed for the day. He nods, starts to walk away, and then comes back and starts banging again. This time he’s waving his phone at us.

Man: *Shouting* “IT’S 4:59! TECHNICALLY, YOU’RE STILL OPEN! I NEED TO BUY SOMETHING!”

Me: “Our tills are already off for the day, so there’s nothing we can do.”

Man: “No, you have to let me in! I ran red lights and went past stop signs to get here in time!”

We have no red lights in our town; it’s very small.

Eventually, we sent someone to get the item he wanted and just had him give us the cash to put into the till the next day, just so we could get rid of him. The poor girl who had to get the item was shuffling around in the dark looking for it, and by the time we found it, it was five past closing time. The real kicker is that he was after twine. TWINE. It was $2.95 and could’ve been found at either of the two grocery stores in town, which were still open and literally just a block away. I was absolutely FUMING because I had somewhere I urgently needed to be at 6:00. I nearly ran late in the end.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!