Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

They Have Designs On A Refund

, , , , | Right | March 24, 2020

Me: “Thank you for calling [Business]; this is [My Name].”

Customer: “Hi! I was calling about your return policy. I bought this [Designer] dress and was wondering how to return it since I only needed it for a friend’s wedding.”

Me: *since we have an open return policy* “Oh, okay! No problem. All you would need to return it is your proof of purchase. It could be your online order number or a receipt and you could return it through mail or in one of our stores.”

Customer: “Oh, well, I don’t have any of those.”

Me: “I could certainly help you look it up.”

Customer: “Well, actually, I bought it at a second-hand bridal store and just wanted to return it to your store since you carry the line. The bridal store won’t accept a return.”

Me: “So, you want me to give you a refund for a dress that we may not carry — since you said we only carry the designer — that you never even purchased with us?”

Customer: “Exactly!”

Me: “No.”

(I later informed my manager of this and he joked that I am just a horrible person for not giving her a refund for the dress.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!