Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

They Got Your Back While You Serve The Front  

, , , , | Right | September 2, 2019

(I am working the night shift. A young man approaches my register:)

Customer: “Pack of [Popular Cigarettes]!”

Me: “ID, please.”

(I have the cigarettes in my hand and am waiting for his ID. He does give it to me but there is one problem; it is split down the middle, lengthwise. It literally is in two pieces. Even besides that, I can’t read the dates on it as the protective covering is gone. Everything is faded but the picture. I put the cigarettes back and hand him his ID back.)

Me: “Sorry, I cannot accept this!”

Customer: “What do you mean, you can’t accept my license? It is perfectly acceptable and valid! You’re just a b****!”

Me: “First off, I can’t read the dates, and that is not a valid license. I can be fired. Not even a cop will accept that!”

Customer: “YOU ARE GOING TO REGRET THIS, B****! Just wait; you will regret not treating me with respect!”

(The entire time he is screaming at me, he is walking to the door. At the door, he points at me and then walks out.)

Manager: “What was his problem?”

Me: “I denied him cigarettes because his license was broken in two.”

(My manager walks away, laughing. The next day, I get called to come in early.)

Store Owner: “Yesterday, did you deny someone cigarettes because his license was cracked?”

Me: “Yes, ma’am, but for the record, his license was in two pieces and the protection cover was gone, so it was hard to read the license!”

Store Owner: “Well, that idiot is my son-in-law, so don’t worry about him! Plus, good job.”

(She was true to her word, especially when I found out that my manager had even spoken on my behalf about his attitude. I did see him again, but he couldn’t look me in the eye and his wife was the one I helped while he stood by the door. It was the best knowing my bosses had my back.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!