Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

They Don’t Scroll, But They Do Fold

, , , | Right | May 19, 2022

Client: “We would like a fully interactive website for our members. We have already created a lot of the content, and we have put together a couple of CDs full of images from our archives for you to choose from. However, one thing that annoys me about websites is this whole ‘scrolling’ thing. I find scrolling really annoying. Would it be possible for you to build a site that doesn’t scroll?”

Me: “Um, I’m not sure I understand. Do you mean when the page is too wide and you have to scroll right to read all the text?”

Client: “No, I mean scrolling down the page.”

I wasn’t sure how to respond. At this point, the client’s secretary interjected to point out to the client that websites have to scroll or they don’t really work.

Client: “Yes, but our brochures don’t scroll, and they contain lots of information.”

The secretary and I stared, speechless.

Client: “Well, okay. We can come back to that later.”

The client finally got the new site, and even though you had to scroll, was very pleased with it.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!