Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

They Don’t Really Have A Handle On This

, , , , , | Working | October 24, 2021

The inside door handle is broken on my two-and-a-half-year-old car. I know it should be covered by the warranty, so I call the dealer and explain the situation to the receptionist.

Me: “Can I please talk to the service department to schedule a repair?”

Receptionist: “Actually, let me transfer you to the parts department so we can make sure we have the part you need.”

Of course, I have no idea what part it needs, so I ask the parts department to transfer me to service. The parts guy makes a scoffing sound at the receptionist’s idiocy and transfers me to service.

The service guy stammers a bit.

Service Guy: “Can you just stop in so I can look at it? We’ll see what part it needs so we can be sure we have the right part.”

It’s on my way home anyway, so I stop in. He takes a minute to look at the handle.

Service Guy: “Oh, yeah, we can do that. We have the part in stock.”

Then, he hands me his card, and as he walks away, he says:

Service Guy: “Just give me a call to schedule an appointment when you want to get it fixed.”

Really? What was I doing there if I didn’t want to get it fixed? I wonder if he was just hoping I’d procrastinate until the three-year warranty ran out.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!