Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

They Don’t Know The Way To Amarillo

| Working | December 17, 2016

(It’s just after school has let out for the summer. My AC isn’t working well, and my car has developed a weird rattle, so I take it to the service center.)

Service Guy: “We’ve found the problem, and we’ll have to order a part. It’ll be a few days. Is that okay?”

Me: “Yeah, no problem.”

(A few days later:)

Service Guy: “To put the part in, we had to disassemble part of your car, and we broke a part. We’re ordering a replacement, but it’ll be another few days. We’re very sorry about the inconvenience.”

Me: “Okay.”

Service Guy: “Do you need a loaner?”

Me: “No, my parents have a van I can borrow for a few days. That’s fine.”

(A week later, I call them.)

Me: “Hi, I’m calling to check on my car. I was told it would be a few days, and that was a week ago. What’s going on?”

Service Guy: “We placed the order, but it seems the part hasn’t arrived yet. Let me look into that and call you back.” *later* “Ma’am, for some reason, the warehouse in Denver shipped the part to Kansas City. It’s on its way now, but it’ll take a couple days to get here.”

Me: “…”

(A few days later:)

Service Guy: “Ma’am, I’m calling with an update on your car.”

Me: “Is it ready?”

Service Guy: “No, ma’am, there was another problem shipping the part. Instead of sending it here, it was sent back to the warehouse in Denver.”

Me: “You’re kidding me.”

Service Guy: “No, ma’am.”

(A week or so later:)

Me: “Hi, I’m calling to check on my car.”

Service Guy: “You’re not going to believe this, but the part was shipped to Kansas City again.”

Me: “Seriously?”

(This time, Kansas City managed to send the part to Amarillo. My car was in the shop for what should have been a two-day fix for over a month.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!