Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

They Don’t GET It

, , , , | Right | July 7, 2017

(I work at a small bank and I know most of our customers. We are located inside of a Walmart. A man I don’t recognize walks up to the counter and throws some coins at me.)

Man: “What can I get for this?”

Me: “I’m not really sure what you mean, sir.”

Man: “With this… what can I get?”

Me: “Do you want to exchange that for dollar bills?”

Man: “No! What can I get?”

Me: “Well, sir, we’re a bank. I could exchange your coins for larger bills, if you’d like.”

Man: “Why would I give you money for money? What can I GET?”

Me: “Well, you can’t get anything here unless you have an account and want to make a withdrawal. We’re a bank.”

Man: “Why don’t you get your manager and I can ask him what I can get?”

Me: “We don’t have a manager on staff today; I’m the senior teller here. Sir, there’s really nothing I can do for you unless you want me to exchange your coin for dollar bills.”

Man: “Oh, for Christ’s sake, I just want to know what the h*** I can GET!”

(He walked away grumbling angrily to himself. I still have no idea what he wanted.)


This story is part of our Bank Customer roundup!

Read the next Bank Customer roundup story!

Read the Bank Customer roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!