Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

They Can’t Throw You Under The Bus

, , , | Right | March 4, 2019

(The hotel where I work is also the long distance bus depot. We very clearly state that the bus hours are from nine am to five pm. However, if the person working the front desk is trained they’ll often do bus-work after hours provided we aren’t busy. Since I work primarily the graveyard shift I’ve never been trained on how the bus works. I am working afternoons, and at seven pm I get a fax and a phone call. The woman on the other end wants me to use the fax to purchase a special ticket and fax it back to her.)

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, I don’t know how to do that for you.”

Caller: “I’ve done it before. Just give me the ticket?”

Me: “I’m sorry. Bus hours are nine am to five pm. You will have to wait until tomorrow to get the ticket.”

Caller: “This has always worked in the past and only takes a few minutes.”

Me: “Again, I’m sorry, but I haven’t been trained on the bus, so I don’t know how.”

Caller: “Is someone else there who knows how?”

Me: “Sorry, I’m the only person here.”

Caller: “Can you call someone?”

Me: “No. I cannot.”

(This goes on for five minutes.)

Caller: “Are you new?”

Me: “No, but I mostly work the night shift, not nine to five, which is when the bus depot is open.”

Caller: “What’s your name and when will [Owner] be in?”

Me: “My name is [First Name only]—“ *which just makes her angrier* “—and the owner will be in around nine, when the bus depot is open. Have a nice night. Goodbye.”

(I don’t think I have much to worry about when I go into work tonight.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!