Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

They Can’t Access The Internet Or The Modern World

, , , , | Right | May 20, 2020

I work in a call center for Internet tech support. We have software that allows us to remotely access a customer’s DSL line and modem. 

Customer: “I can’t access the Internet.” 

Me: “I’m sorry to hear that. Give me just a moment and I will run a line test to see if I can pull up any errors on your line.” 

As I’m doing this, my line test software goes down.

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, it appears the software we use to do remote line testing is currently down.”

Customer: “I’m done talking to you. I want to talk to a man. Men are better at this tech stuff than women, anyway. They always help me better.” 

Me: “I’m sorry you feel that way, ma’am, but I actually am a male, and furthermore, all of our employees go through the same training here, and we are all qualified to provide technical support for this Internet service provider. Some of our supervisors here are women. If you continue to make personal, sexist comments, however, I will have to end this call.” 

The customer started screaming at me. I placed them on hold for a supervisor, but the customer hung up while on hold.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!