Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

They Can Vouch For Humanity

| Friendly | August 11, 2014

(My eight-year-old daughter and I are approached by the local radio station reps to see if we want to take part in a competition where the first couple to get 3 questions right wins a voucher for one of the shops in the shopping centre. We’re in no hurry and are pitted against a young couple (early twenties) who are tourists to the city. Not surprisingly, we lose and carry on shopping for some new clothes for my daughter. We are waiting in line to pay for a dress when we notice in the queue behind us the couple that won.)

Me: “Congratulations! What did you win?”

Gentleman: “Thanks! We won a £20 voucher for this store.”

Lady: “We saw they had an offer on [Comedy Show] DVDs so we decided to buy them as a treat.”

Daughter: “I love that show! [Main Character] is very funny!”

Gentleman: “What are you buying today?”

Daughter: “My mom promised I could have a new dress if I was really good this week as I’ve grown out of my old party dress.”

(The couple look at each other and smile.)

Gentleman: “You know what? If you’ve been such a good girl I think you should have this voucher to buy a pretty dress.” *hands her the voucher*

Daughter: “Thank you so much!”

Me: “Oh, my goodness, you don’t have to do that.”

Lady: “We insist. We were only buying these DVDs for the sake of it and I think making your daughter happy after being so polite would be the right thing to do.”

(They promptly drop the DVDs back on the shelf and leave the store, leaving me standing there stunned. Thank you, young couple! My daughter kept the pouch the voucher came in for her scrapbook to remind her how awesome people can be.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!