Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

They Can Feel Their Options Contracting

, , , , , | Right | December 12, 2019

(I work at a well-known electronics chain. We sell cell phones to anyone who wants one; however, since there is a contract involved, there are laws that we must follow while activating.)

Customer: “Hi, I’m looking for a really basic cell phone for my grandmother.”

Me: “Not a problem. Is she looking for prepaid or a contract plan?”

Customer: “She has prepaid right now and wants a contract.”

Me: “Sounds good to me. Let’s take a look at [Major Cell Phone Company]’s phones and plans.”

(We go over plans and phones and find a good fit.)

Customer: “Does she have to be here for activation?”

Me: “Yes, she does, as we have to review and sign the contract.”

Customer: “Well, could I get the required information to you and have her call you to give consent?”

Me: “Unfortunately not, as we have to have her in the store before we can activate a phone in her name. It’s for our safety as much as it is for hers.”

Customer: “Can she give consent, or have [power of attorney] give you permission to activate it?”

Me: “We still need to have her sign a contract and the law says she has to be present.”

Customer: “God, I get farther with [Insurance Company] than with you guys!” *throws pamphlet and walks out*

Me: “Really?”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!