Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

They Bagged You From A Distance

, , , , | Right | September 28, 2017

(I’m working third shift in a convenience store that is locally known for their dairy and doughnuts. We get fresh doughnuts every night, and my coworker takes about an hour to put them away. He’s currently on a weight restriction where he can’t lift more than three pounds, so tonight I’m putting away doughnuts for him while he runs the register. A customer comes in trying to buy beer, but we have a strict policy for IDs if you appear under 40. The customer is denied the sale. She then brings an eight-pound bag of ice up to the counter.)

Customer: “Can I get this bagged, please?”

Coworker: “Sure.” *gets the bag* “Though I’m currently on a weight restriction right now and can’t lift the ice into the bag.”

Customer: “Okay. Do you have another employee who can?”

Coworker: “I guess?”

(He called me over, forcing me to put down a tray of doughnuts and take off my gloves, to walk over and put the ice into the bag. Then she picked up the bag with the ice and just walked out. We are still confused as to why she made me bag the ice when she could have easily done it.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!