Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

They Are Streets Ahead Of Your Scam

| Right | November 9, 2015

(This is back when pizza shops had a “30 minutes or less” delivery guarantee. An order comes in for a pizza and a drink to be delivered to East 4th Street. I get to the address in plenty of time and it’s the wrong house.)

Me: *calling the office* “Can I just verify the address?”

Office: “Yeah, it’s East 4th Street.”

Me: “That’s where I went and it was the wrong house. Can you call the customer to verify the address?”

(The customer verifies that the address is East 4th Street. I knock on a few doors to no avail, give up and drive back to the office. I check the map and find an East 4th LANE. On a hunch, I head over there. Sure enough, it’s the customer.)

Me: “That will be [total].”

Customer: *arguing* “No way! You’re late and I want the order for free.”

Me: “Afraid not, as it’s your fault for repeatedly giving us the wrong address.”

Customer: “Oh, yeah? Want to come inside and ‘talk about it?!’”

Me: “I don’t think so. Are you going to pay me or not?”

(He refused. I flipped open the pizza box, grabbed a slice, and started eating it in front of him, turned and got in my car and head back to the office! When I got there, I told the boss what I did and he told me that I will have to pay for that order. It cost me $1.00 and that was the last I heard about it.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!