Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

They Are Not Maid For Each Other

| Romantic | July 10, 2013

(Lately, my noisy roommates have been making it difficult for me to focus on my studies, so my boyfriend gives me a key to his apartment and says I can come over the next morning while he’s at work. That evening he comes back to find me working on my paper.)

Boyfriend: “Hey hun, I’m starving. What’s for dinner?”

Me: “Umm, I guess whatever you were originally planning for yourself. If you’d like, I can go half on a pizza or something.”

Boyfriend: “You mean you were here all day and didn’t make anything for dinner?”

Me: “Well, no. I said I was coming over here to study, so that’s what I did.”

Boyfriend: *sighs* “Did you do ANYTHING on the list I left for you?”

Me: “Um…what list?”

(He has left me a list of chores to do while he has been gone, which basically would have me cleaning up his entire apartment, as well as making dinner.)

Me: “Did you really expect me to do your chores for you? I’m not your mother; I’m not here to clean up your messes.”

Boyfriend: “Well, what’s the point of you having a key if you’re not going to help out around here?”

Me: “Because I don’t live here? Because your messes aren’t my responsibility? Because I’m not your maid?”

(I dump him later that night, after he attempts to convince me what ‘good girlfriends are supposed to do.’ I later learn that he has a reputation of getting into relationships with any girl simply for the free cleaning and cooking.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!