Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

They Are Four Quarters Wrong

, , | Right | May 10, 2020

I am working at the front counter at a fast food restaurant and we just started selling a new product that comes in three different flavors or styles. A woman comes up to the counter and looks very upset.

Me: “Hello, ma’am, is there anything I can do for you today?”

Customer: “Yes, I got this new wrap and it is just awful.”

The product is already three-quarters eaten.

Me: “Well, ma’am, what seems to be the problem?”

Customer: “I do not like the sauce that was on my [product].”

Me: “Well, ma’am, which [product] was it?”

Customer: “It was the [option] and the sauce tasted bad. Like it was rotten.”

Me: “I am sorry for that, ma’am, would you like a refund? Or I could get you a different [product] for your troubles, free of charge.”

Customer: “No! This was disgusting! I don’t want another one! Get me your manager!”

My manager has been standing near me the whole time, so she comes right over.

Manager: “What seems to be the problem, ma’am?”

Customer: “I got this [product] and it tastes like the sauce is spoiled.”

Manager: “Like [My Name] said we can get you another [product] or give you a refund.”

Customer: “I don’t want another [product]! And I don’t want a d*** refund! I want you to fix it!”

My manager and I look at each other with a puzzled look.

Manager: “Ma’am, are you saying you want me to fix the [product] that you have already eaten three quarters of?”

Customer: “YES!”

Manager: “Ma’am, we cannot take food back once it has been passed to the customer; plus, you have already eaten quite a bit of it.”

Customer: “Well, my mother has the [same product as customer’s] and she doesn’t like hers, either.”

We have not seen this woman’s mother the entire time she has been at the counter.

Manager: “Why don’t you bring them both up here and we can give you both a refund so you can get something else that you would like to eat, instead.”

Customer: “NEVER MIND! I AM NEVER COMING BACK IN HERE AGAIN!”

The customer storms back to her table with her food just sitting on the counter. As I clean it up, I look at my manager.

Me: “You know, if she didn’t like it, then why did she eat three-quarters of it?”

Manager: “I don’t know, [My Name]. I just don’t know.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!