Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

These Prices Are Criminal!

, , , | Right | May 5, 2020

I am working breaking down a sidewalk sale tent right out front of our store. Most everything has been brought inside because the sale is over. A customer walks up to the tent and picks up one of the only remaining items.

Customer: “How much are these?”

Me: “I am sorry, miss. The sale out here is closed, but those are still available inside the store for $9.”

Customer: “Your sign says they are only $5!”

Me: “That was the street sale price, and since the street sale is over, I can no longer sell them at that price.”

Customer: “That is false advertising! You have to honor the sign price!”

Me: “The street sale is over, miss. I cannot sell those to you at that price; they are still available inside for $9.”

The customer throws her product at me.

Customer: “You have to honor your prices. IT’S THE LAW!”

Me: “Miss, we cannot offer any street sale price inside our store due to the rules of our town’s street sale. We can only offer them on the street during market hours, which ended an hour ago.”

Customer: “You just want to f****** rip me off!”

She walks away, yelling about the store ripping her off. My coworker walks outside.

Coworker: “What just happened?”

Me: “I need a new job.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!