Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

These Jokes Are Old Enough To Drink

, , , , | Working | March 11, 2019

(I am at a restaurant with my parents and sister. I have been 21 for a few months, but I look younger than I am. My family enjoys teasing one another about all sorts of ridiculous things.)

Server: *to me* “What can I get you to drink?”

Me: “Can I get a margarita, please?”

Server: *perfectly friendly* “Sure thing; I just need to see your ID real quick.”

(As soon as the server asks for my ID, my parents and sister begin teasing her and giving me a hard time: “She’s not old enough to drink!” “Her ID’s fake!” “You can’t sell alcohol to her!” My dad does it the most loudly and gleefully. The server takes it in stride and laughs politely. I get out my ID and show it to the server, and she writes down my drink order. She then turns to my dad:)

Server: “And for you, sir?”

Father: “A margarita, please.”

Server: *looking at him skeptically and not missing a beat* “I’m going to need to see some ID, sir.”

(She spent twice the time checking my dad’s ID as she had mine, while my entire family cracked up laughing. I think my mom left her a 50% tip for being such a good sport.)


This story is part of our Margarita roundup!

Read the next Margarita roundup story!

Read the Margarita roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!