Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

These Items Are Literally A Steal

| Right | May 20, 2016

(The pawn laws in my county require that any item sold to our store must be held for ten days before it can be sold, to make sure it isn’t stolen. To cover ourselves, we hold everything for two weeks. Even though we abide by pawn laws, we work on a more consignment-style basis, meaning that once you sell your items, you cannot get them back.)

Me: “Thank you for calling [Store]. How can I help you?”

Man: *already annoyed, but understandably so* “Yes, I recently had items stolen from me. I have filed a police report, I know who stole them, and I know that they were sold to you. Can I get my items back?”

Me: “I’m really sorry that happened to you. But yes, you’ve done everything that we needed you to do, so we can totally get those things back to you. You will have to come in with the officer who’s been working on your case, but it’ll be no problem.”

Man: *sighs* “Well, can you at least gather my things together so that they’ll be ready when I get there?”

Me: “Of course. Just let me know the name of the person who sold them, and when they were sold to us, and I’ll set them aside with your name on them.”

Man: “His name was [Name] and he sold them at the beginning of June. Around the third.”

Me: “Ohh… well, it’s the end of July. We hold everything for two weeks before we put it out on the floor to sell. I’m happy to go and find anything that is left, but there’s a possibility that your things have already been sold, since they’ve been here for almost two months.”

Man: “Well, how do I go about getting those things back?”

Me: “I mean, you can’t. They’ve been sold to people.”

(He then proceeded to yell at me, telling me the policies of my store, which I tried to explain to him, but he just told me again what kind of store I work in and then tells me to “f*** off,” at which point I hung up. Maybe you should have less sketchy friends?)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!