Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

These Boots Were Made For Running

| Romantic | October 27, 2013

(I work in a high end boutique, and have been talking to woman about an £1,100 pair of high heels that she’s had her eye on for a while, and has finally saved enough money to treat herself to. I’m just ringing her up, when we hear a rising yell from outside. Everyone in the vicinity turns to look at the door. A man comes sprinting through, skidding as he scrambles through the door.)

Man: “DON’T SELL HER THOSE SHOES!”

Woman: “Oh, my God! What are you doing? How did you even know I was here?”

(The man finally comes to a stop, and doubles over panting, red faced and completely out of breath.)

Man: “[Name] called… said you were here… ran from [other side of town]… already bought shoes… for anniversary…”

Woman: “It’s sweet that he put so much effort into making sure I don’t buy them again, but I really wish he wouldn’t half kill himself in the process.”

(We manage to eventually bring him around, and she takes him home. The day after, she comes back to spend almost as much on lingerie as her anniversary gift to him!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!