Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Thermodynamics, You Take It From Here, Part 5

, , , , , | Right | April 22, 2022

I am a donut maker, bread slicer, and shelf stacker at a bakery in a supermarket. We have two bakers and on this particular day, our baker works solo. I am putting freshly cut bread on the shelf.

The baker is five-ish meters behind me pulling freshly baked bread out of the oven, banging the bread molds on the table to liberate the bread from its metal captor. A customer walks up to me:

Customer: “Hey mate, where can I find the fresh bread?”

I look at the baker banging bread on the table, look at fresh cut bread in my rack and hands, and then look at the customer.

Me: “Right here, mate.”

The customer looks at the bread, then at the baker pulling bread out of the oven, then back to the bread.

Customer: “Nah, this is yesterday’s bread. I want today’s fresh bread.”

I threw away yesterday’s bread as it’s a rule. I also waited for the hot bread in front of me to cool down to slice.

Me: “The fresh bread is right here. This is the bread the baker took out of the oven an hour ago.”

I point to the baker putting more bread into the oven. The customer just looks at the name-brand bread that is at least a day or two old but can sit on the shelf for a week.

Customer: “Ah, here’s the fresh bread! Thanks for helping, ya lazy prick.”

Related:
Thermodynamics, You Take It From Here, Part 4
Thermodynamics, You Take It From Here, Part 3
Thermodynamics, You Take It From Here, Part 2
Thermodynamics, You Take It From Here

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!