Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

There’s A Real Buzz About This Delivery

, , | Right | April 18, 2018

Customer: “I sent my [item] off to you over two weeks ago for repair and still haven’t received it back. I want to know when I will get it.”

Me: “Let me just have a look at your details.” *pause* “Okay, it seems we sent it via courier last week and it is meant to be next-day, so I will just check the tracking for you.” *pause* “It says that the courier was unable to deliver, as you were not in, so they would have left a card, instead. They made a second attempt, but unfortunately, they were unable to deliver for the same reason.”

Customer: “That is a lie. I am unemployed, so I am always in, and I have not received any notes through my door.”

Me: “I am very sorry about that. Could I just check that the driver was in the right place? The photo they have taken shows a block of flats with three floors, a blue door, and [road sign]?”

Customer: “Yes, that is right, but they did not turn up.”

Me: “It may be that they had trouble getting in or finding the right door. Is it a standard buzzer system, or is there a specific way you need to get in?”

Customer: “We have buzzers, but mine is turned off as I do not like to be disturbed.”

Me: “Ah, that may be why, then. If you like, I can rearrange delivery for tomorrow, and if you give me an email address or mobile number we can ask them to send you a message with an hour time slot in the morning.”

Customer: “Can you tell them to come at 12:30?”

Me: “Sorry, we are not involved with planning the routes; as they make so many deliveries a day, it just depends on where you live compared with the other customers. That is why they give you an hour slot in the morning, so you aren’t stuck waiting all day.”

Customer: “This is ridiculous. If I give you my landline number, can you get them to call me when they are outside? I do not want them having my mobile or email address.”

Me: “I don’t think they are able to do that, as the only customer details we are able to put in are mobile-format numbers and email addresses. But if you would be able to turn your buzzer on tomorrow, then you will be able to get it back.”

Customer: “I already told you, I don’t want to be disturbed, and I am not turning it back on for them to deliver it. Get me back my [item].”

Me: “If you are unwilling to turn on the buzzer so that the courier can request to be let in, I can either rearrange it for tomorrow and you will need to stare out of the window all day or call us to ask for the new delivery slot and watch out for them.”

Customer: “I am not calling you again to find out when they are coming. Make them call my landline.”

Me: “Again, I am unable to enter landline number; it must be mobile-format. If you do not wish to do that, then you can go to their depot.”

(Her depot turned out to be ten miles away, but she decided that, as she had a car, it would be easier for her to go there, rather than turn her buzzer on to let the delivery driver in.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!